Fall is here! You can feel it in the air. A special season to be thankful for all that we have. Our food drive for St.Vincent De Paul is coming on the October 1st and October 2nd. Please bring canned food to help the families in need in our community. Once again, the Lord has richly blessed our ministry here working with your children. God continues to bless our preschool with Fr. Mark, Fr. Claude and sister Olive, dedicated staff and parish support.
We have a very busy month, so please check your calendar so that you don’t miss any of the fun events being planned and also it gives you a point of interest to talk about school with your child.
In October, we will be learning about signs of fall, harvest, Thanksgiving, change of weather and Halloween.
A special thank you to:
- Linden Nowak’ dad – Dave Nowak from Crossroads C&I for donating plexiglass barriers to our preschool to keep our children safe. His phone number is: Office: (604)421 1221 Cell: (604)880 7454, should you need really great barriers for your office.
- Thank you to the parents (Victoria’s grandma, Linden Leong’s grandparents, Corrado’s mom, Charles’s mom, Damiano & Luciano’s mom, Raynald’s mom and Thomas’s mom) for bringing in food items to share for our birthday celebration.
Please mark your calendars:
- Oct. 01 & 02 – bring canned food for St. Vincent De Paul
- Oct. 12- Thanksgiving day – No preschool
- Oct. 13 & 14 – Clothing drive (please bring a bag of usable clothing.)
- Oct. 15 & 16 – October birthday celebration (Please sign up to bring food items to share. No homemade food allowed at this time. You are allowed to send in individually packed food items i.e. yogurt drink, cheese sting. Your child still needs to bring snack because they may not like the party food or there might not be any birthdays in their class.)
- Oct. 21 – 4 year old class Laity Pumpkin Patch Field Trip. We are meeting at the pumpkin patch at 9:30am for the morning group and 1 o’clock for the afternoon group.
- Oct. 23 – Provincial Pro-D Day. No preschool
- Oct. 29 & 30 – Costume Party ( please sign up to bring a food item, i.e. pudding in individual cups, orange and black food items. Be creative. No homemade food items allowed at this time. Must be individually packed.)
We are looking for volunteers to make play dough. If you are interested, please contact us. Thanks you!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Your preschool teachers,
Mme. Punchak & Mme. Li